According to the instructions, Augmentin is administered intravenously slowly for 3-4 minutes, or within half an hour. For children under 3 months of age, the drug is administered only infusion.
The dosage of the drug is determined individually, depending on the severity of the infection, kidney function, body weight and age of the patient. The dose of the drug is expressed as the content of amoxicillin / clavulanate, namely:
- Adults are prescribed 1000 mg / 200 mg every eight hours, in cases of severe infections, the same dose is used every 4-6 hours;
- Patients on hemodialysis are initially given a dose of 1 g / 200 mg, and then reduced to 0.5 g / 100 mg and applied every 24 hours.
The dose for children is determined on the basis of age and body weight, namely:
- Children under 3 months of age with a body weight of less than 4 kg are prescribed 25 mg / 5 mg per 1 kg or 50 mg / 5 mg per 1 kg twice a day, for children from 3 months old weighing more than 4 kg, the dosage of the drug is the same, but it apply three times a day;
- For patients aged 3 months to 12 years, the dose is also 25 mg or 50 mg / 5 mg per 1 kg of body weight, and it is used 3-4 times a day.
Augmentin therapy may last up to 2 weeks..
Hypersensitivity (including to other beta-lactam antibiotics, cephalosporins), phenylketonuria, infectious mononucleosis (including the development of measles-like rash), the presence of a history of impaired liver function or episodes of jaundice when using amoxicillin with clavulanic acid; creatinine clearance less than 30 ml / min (for tablets 875 mg / 125 mg).
Indications for use
Bacterial infections caused by drug-sensitive microorganisms: Upper respiratory tract infections and ENT organs (e.g. recurrent tonsillitis, sinusitis, otitis media), usually caused by Streptococcus pneumoniae, Haemophilus influenzae *, Moraxella catarrhalis *, Streptococcus pyogenes. Lower respiratory tract infections: exacerbations .
Amoxiclav analogues are amoxicillin / clavulanate preparations produced by other manufacturers:
- Amoxicillin + clavulanic acid, etc..
Different companies use different production technologies, so the final products may differ from each other in chemical purity, pharmacokinetic characteristics and antimicrobial activity. http://www.webmd.com/allergies/antibiotics?query=augmentin+for+sinusitis In large-scale clinical trials, the high efficacy and safety of Augmentin, Amoxiclav, and Flemoklav Solutab were confirmed.. click here to buy augmentin 875 mg
Some analogues of Amoxiclav and their manufacturers:
Amoxiclav - instructions for use, reviews Link to the main publication